Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Celebrate St. Louis with Musical Mediocrity


So the line-up for Live on the Levee Summer 2009 was announced recently, and it's good. Maybe mediocre in the header is a bit harsh, but what can I say, I like alliteration.

No huge names, but overall I'm impressed and excited.

Many might not agree, but I am a really big fan of Counting Crowes. They'll take the stage July 4th.

Some say they never lived up to their potential or dreadlocks, but I disagree. Butterfly in Reverse, Round Here, Color Blind and of course Mr. Jones were great songs, and reamain so today. Sure their set list is fraught with covers that appeared on Shrek Soundtracks and easy listening radio, but hey... you gotta make money these days. I still like them and am proud to say it.

The rest of the list looks good as well:

Lupe Fiasco
Sonic Youth
Guster
Train
Gretchen Wilson
Angie Stone
Nat and Alex Wolff (for the kiddies)
Little Feat

I'll be there for at least 4 of these. 50%; thats a good percentage.

It's always free, fun and perfect on a nice St. Louis evening.

Let me know if I'll be seeing you there.

1 comment:

  1. I was running by the Arch today and was thinking "I can't wait for live at the levee!" Hopefully someday they will get Benny Bennassi or The Brian Waite Band, or Benny mixing "My dad is a dinosaur" sung by the BWB.

    ReplyDelete