Monday, June 1, 2009

Walmart's Great Value - Before and After


So I'm stealling this blog post from one of my favorite design blogs The Dieline.

They recently discussed the new look that Walmart has given to their Great Value product line. You know, the box of cereal or bottle of ketchup that cost a dollar less, but looked as if it had been sitting on the shelf for 12 years and had probably been opened and resealed.

Well for all the flaws of the world's biggest retail chain, both moral and aesthetic, they tried and I feel succeeded in this endeavor to build a stronger brand for their line of cost conscious products.

Check out this before:




And look where they're at now:




Not a bad job. Now if they could just do something about they're "Big Box" architectural style. I know, I know... big box means a small price for me. I don't know though, I might be willing to pay a bit more to avoid feeling like a redneck for shopping there.



On a side note, it has been brought to my attention that my comments section doesn't work all the time, I'll fix that immediately. I really encourage anyone who reads to comment as much as possible, especially about that "redneck" line. Thanks as always.

2 comments:

  1. Play the laughter, Pause the memories, Stop the pain, Rewind the happiness.
    Your article is very interesting please visit my site too gofastek.com. God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Imagine with all your mind. Believe with all your heart. Achieve with all your might.
    Annyeong!Thanks for sharing your interesting article, please do visit my site too imarksweb.net. God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete