Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Doctor Goes Insane... Ads Become Awesome


I was sent this article today from Ad Freak by Scott Lichtenauer. He and I tend to really appreciate the life that insanity breeds. The erratic behavior, crazy antics and complete lack of remorse for one's actions often result in the most amazing life experiences.

Under those guidelines, Scott has done a lot more "living" than I have, but the St. Louis doctor that this article, and its source from The Riverfront Times, discusses has most people beat.

Apparently when this Dr. Kalk cracked he went by the book. Total loss of hygiene, delusions of grandeur, destructive behavior and a complete disregard for financial restraint. In his case, he spent a reported $50,000 on advertising (In RFT primarily). This is during a time when his practice was losing $90,000 a year, according to the article.

But, like a phoenix, out of the ashes comes some of the most amazing things. Check out the ads he was running.











Good for him.

I hope Dr. Kalk is getting better. The article reports he has recently been arrested for crimes he may have commited while bat shit crazy, but more than likely they won't hold up in court.

You really should read the entire article though. It's an incredible story of the fall of what appeared to be a promising life of a normal and friendly individual.

My favorite quote has got to be this, said of Dr. Kalk by a burned friend, business partner and the son of a mafia hit man,

"I don't have much of a social life. The friends I got I can count on one hand and with fingers left over ... I really liked Alex. If it had been anyone else, they'd be dead."

1 comment:

  1. I know this guy:
    This should be all the info you need on this guy, but if you need more feel free to contact me, also do an internet search on doctor Alexander kalk that will give you more info. Or check out this link
    https://secure.wikileaks.org/wiki/Doctor_Alexander_Kalk_police_file,_2009

    Jim Stewart
    1580 E. Swan Circle
    St. Louis, Missouri 63144

    metropolitan_physicians_group@yahoo.com
    http://www.mpg2009.org

    ReplyDelete