Thursday, July 15, 2010

From The Basement



My freind Heidi turned me on to From The Basement tonight.

Many of the best bands of today in a casual and candid environment... all in HD... all generally mind blowing musical experiences.

This site reminds me a lot of Blogotheque out of France which I have mentioned before. But, where Blogoteque takes bands out on the streets of Paris and films them, FTB as the name implies takes all these artists into what appears to be a super comfortable and musical instrument stacked version of the Wayne's World basement. And the site is in English not French which I enjoy because my French nearly got me kicked out of a Parisian Cafè in 2008.

Some standouts here are... all of them, but my faves are: Gnarles Barkly, Fleet Foxes, and of course Radiohead (Which actually aired on MTV the day InRainbows came out.

Check it out as soon as you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment