Friday, February 13, 2009

Half Naked Animal Activists.



I got a text today that said simply, "Half Naked Girls at 8th and Olive". So after rounding up a posse from the office, to help alleviate any self-conscious thoughts of being a pervert, we went to check it out. Contrary to what you're thinking, I wasn't going for any type of voyeuristic sexual purpose. I had heard that PETA was out in Downtown St Louis to protest fur and support loving animals for Valentine's Day.

I always try to support anyone trying to make our fair city more city like. What wouldn't qualify as a teenage prank in New York City can fairly be called a Guerilla Marketing Event in the STL. And I support that. Here's an example.

The four block walk was chilly and brisk, but it wasn't long before we were confronted by cold, but spirited, animal lovers strutting their stuff in the name "furlessness".

The photo above originally featured a coworker, but out of privacy for her I have replaced her head with that of Joaquin Phoenix. A former PETA supporter and spokesperson, now resident lunatic trainwreck in Hollywood.

Those PETAish/GoVegitarian type people are persuasive. If you ever get a chance to watch Meet Your Meat, DO IT... or DON"T DO IT. You have to be all in or all out, because it'll have an impact. If it doesn't decrease your Meat consumption, It'll at least make you think about what kind of meat you eat and where it comes from.

You can watch it below.



Happy Valentines Day.

1 comment:

  1. No luck when I walked down to get my sammich. They were gone. However, I was thrilled to be walking downtown at all. It's just cool to be down there now. We need to institute a photo-tour lunch now and again or at least a once-a week walk to lunch dealio.

    ReplyDelete