Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baileys’ Chocolate Bar Chocolate Ale


Baileys’ Chocolate Bar, the spot for desserts and martinis in St. Louis, has put out their own beer.

A partnership with local beer maker O'Fallon Brewery, has yielded the Baileys’ Chocolate Bar Chocolate Ale.

On their Blog, Bailey's describes it this way:

Amber Wheat Beer brewed with Natural Chocolate is perfectly balanced, finishes dry instead of cloyingly sweet, has beautiful lace, and enough effervescence to keep things interesting.

Translation, not a sweet stout, like is normally designated for chocolate brews.

I like that they are doing this. I like that Bailey's has teamed up with another local company, promoting community and craft brewing in St. Louis. But more, I like that they looked outside the box when producing this beer. A dessert like stout or porter seems like the obvious choice, but they went with a lighter bodied chocolate wheat.

I for one am glad and proud.

I'm going to go and try it as soon as I can get over to Lafayette Square.

1 comment:

  1. Had it!!! Last night.

    It was really good. The aroma was really good, great mid flavor, but it finished too clean for my taste, which probably means most people would really like it. It's very accessible, drinkable and classy.

    Not my favorite beer, but definitely worth a try for all.

    ReplyDelete