Sunday, April 19, 2009

Short Film for Phillips... I guess?

Check out this short film, meant to promote the Philips Cinema 21:9 LCD TV.



I saw it today on Computerlove , a tech blog.

Spots like this make me jaded as to my own profession. They are sweet for sweetness sake, but have absolutely no function or tie to the brand. This could be an ad for Sony, Magnavox or Panasonic... or even Bose, Astound Sound, Best Buy or any number of companies and products.

But, I still think it's kind of cool.

Here are some other "commercials" that fall into the same pointless, but awesome category:





1 comment:

  1. I see what you mean about the abstract nature of some of these supposed advertisements. Actually...as I think about it, maybe this is the difference between a "commercial" and an "advertisement". Maybe these are all just commercials...
    However, I will say this: the Phil Collins commercial made my butthole pucker with anticipation. It was so abstract that I couldn't wait to see who they could possibly be advertising for. As a result, I am much more likely to remember who was behind the ad (really??? Cadbury...really?).

    ReplyDelete