Monday, March 9, 2009

New Inspiration: Graphic Exchange


So last week I was looking for inspiration for a few projects we're kicking off here.

I stumbled onto this Blogish site through another of my faves FFFFound.com.

It's called Graphic-Exchange and I am seeing some amazing work being put forward for consideration.

Here are just a few examples:












The usability is random, and the load time is excessive, but the work up for discussion is second to none. This is a great resource for design trends and inspiration. It'll make you mad how good some of this work is.

Fabien Barral is the guy who runs the site and he describes it like this, "graphic-exchange is an alternative to the "links only" web site, showing you the a selection of work directly on this site. I also use it to present my own work."

He's from France.

I get the sense from the site that designers can "exchange" professionally printed work with Fabien, post their work for his approval and posting, or just read and enjoy what is and can be done in the world of design.

Lastly, I like this autobiography. He describes himself this way, "I am a husband and I love my wife. I am a father and I love my daughter. I am not the clients I work with, I am the art I create with them. I am what I create. I create what I am."

I'll probably steal that, sorry Fabien.

Check it out, and be inspired

No comments:

Post a Comment